- Post ID: 87
- View Payload
Save up to $291. Limited spots.
About your trip
Embrace the many facets of what makes Greece such a dreamy summer destination across nine days of city touring and island hopping with our Local Insider. In Athens you’ll get a guided tour of the Acropolis, but you’ll also discover lively modern neighbourhoods adorned with epic works of graffiti and thriving food scenes. Then we set sail for the Cyclades, heading first to Naxos, where you’ll get a glimpse into the quaint beauty of the island’s laid-back approach to life. Finally, we hop across to Santorini, home to an iconic whitewashed skyline and arguably the prettiest sunset on the planet.
- Visit the Parthenon as you get guided tour of the Acropolis
- Discover the vibrant street art and charming markets of Athens on a city walking tour
- While away the hours on the stunning beaches of Naxos and Santorini
- Meet locals and learn about Naxian culture on an authentic village tour of Naxos
- Explore the iconic whitewashed buildings of Fira
- Watch one of the world’s greatest sunsets as you picnic with a view in Santorini
Make your way to our city centre hotel from Athens International Airport (ATH) and enjoy some free time to explore the surrounding neighbourhood. We’ll gather as a group for the first time at around 6pm this evening, when you’ll meet our Local Insider – your expert guide for the trip – in the hotel lobby. Ice firmly broken, we’ll head over to a nearby rooftop restaurant for cocktails and an assortment of small plates.
After breakfast at the hotel you’ll spend this morning being led around the city by a local expert on a private guided tour of Athens. We will, of course, visit the iconic Acropolis and its most famous structure, the Parthenon, as well as the Ancient Agora of Athens. However, you’ll also wander down magical little alleyways, discover the old neighbourhood of Anafiotika and browse locally produced goods in a food market and Monastiraki flea market. There’s a lot to see in this city and it’s a pretty long tour, so after finishing mid-afternoon we’ll leave the rest of the day open for you to explore at your own pace.
Today it’s time to actually set sail on our island-hopping adventure, so we’ll be grabbing an early breakfast before shooting off to the port. From here a ferry will take us to the magical island of Naxos. Despite being the largest isle in the Cyclades, and one of the most beautiful in all of Greece, this little Mediterranean gem remains largely in the shadow of other traditional tourist favourites. This gives it a slightly more laid-back vibe, representative of the Greek way of life, but with just as much natural splendour as anywhere else in Greece. On arrival mid-afternoon we’ll check into our hotel in the city of Naxos, leaving you to spend the rest of the day getting a feel for its charming cobbled streets and gorgeous surrounding beaches.
This morning we embark on an enlightening tour across the island, leaving the guidebooks behind and following instead our expert Local Insider, who’ll whisk you across the mountains and from village to village on an off the beaten path journey through the authentic heart of Naxos. This is your chance to discover the beautiful little moments, places and people that make up daily life on the island. You’ll meet locals, taste their delicious culinary treats, learn about their cultural quirks and witness the splendid natural beauty that surrounds them. When we wrap the tour up mid-afternoon you’ll have had a priceless insight into this magical island, which leaves you with plenty to reflect on for the remainder of the day, so we recommend hitting the beach!
This morning we’ll hop onto a catamaran to take a guided cruise to nearby Paros. This gorgeous little island is famed for its fabulous beaches and, in Greek antiquity, for producing high-quality white marble, which was even used to sculpt Venus de Milo herself. You’ll explore the turquoise shimmer of the Blue Lagoon (weather permitting), go snorkelling in crystal clear waters and swimming off some of the island’s finest, and most under-explored, beaches. The tour includes a delicious lunch onboard the catamaran, and we’ll return to Naxos early in the evening.
Today we hop back on the ferry to the final destination of our trip, and perhaps the most sumptuously gorgeous island in all of Greece, Santorini. Upon arrival mid-afternoon our Local Insider will take you on an orientation walk of Fira, the island’s capital. Marvel at the majesty of those iconic whitewashed buildings before spending the rest of the day at your own leisure.
After breakfast this morning you’ll have more time to yourself – we recommend a scenic coastal walk or perhaps some chill time on the beach. Later on you’ll regroup with our Local Insider to head out on a tour of some of Santorini’s most spectacular viewpoints. We’ll walk to the first organic blackcurrant vineyard in Santorini, spotting local herbs such as caper and thyme and, season depending, picking some to taste. The visit ends with an infused olive oil tasting and a gift bottle paired with herbs from the farm. The evening then culminates with a stunning evening picnic looking out across the island and the Aegean Sea – the perfect way to enjoy Santorini’s world-famous sunset, one of the great sights on Earth.
It’s an early breakfast again this morning as we hop back on the ferry to return to the mainland. We should check-in to our hotel in Athens at around 3pm, so you’ll have some time to tick off any remaining bucket-list sights in the capital, or perhaps buy a souvenir or two in the market, before regrouping for a farewell dinner at an authentic local Athenian restaurant.
After one final breakfast at our hotel, it’s time to part ways and mark the end of your Greek island-hopping experience with Culture Trip. You’ll have a suitcase full of memories to take home with you, but if you don’t want to head straight back to the airport, why not continue your Mediterranean adventures someplace else?
- Eight nights boutique hotel accommodation
- Private and local transport
- Eight breakfasts, two lunches and two dinners
- Local Insider
- Ferry travel between Athens, Naxos and Santorini
- Guided walking tour of Athens
- Villages of Naxos tour
- Boat trip to Paros
- Orientation walk of Fira
- Santorini sunset picnic experience
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance
- Flights to and from the destination
This trendy, modern boutique hotel has become the place to stay in Athens. Found right in the heart of one of the coolest neighbourhoods in the city, Psyrri, you’ll be within walking distance of street art masterpieces, incredible Greek food and the city’s best nightlife. The hotel itself has an stylish industrial chic look, paired with multiple restaurants, an in-house spa and a gorgeous rooftop pool.
Argo Boutique Hotel
This family-run boutique hotel is in the city of Naxos, and has been welcoming guests since the ‘80s. Its most recent renovation in 2020 has turned it one of the most stylish hotels on the island, with a gorgeous room design gently inspired by the ocean. The Greek breakfasts here are lavish, as are the cocktails in both hotel bars, and the outdoor pool and in-house spa. The best part? You’ll only be a few hundred metres from the crystalline waters of Saint George beach.
Are you staying in Santorini if your hotel isn’t whitewashed? We think not, so this hotel in the capital, Fira, is a classic example of the serenity of Santorini building design. The interiors are super fresh, light and airy, with rooms exuding tranquility from the moment you step in and drop your bags. The pool area, meanwhile, is the real oasis of calm that somehow sits just moments away from the city’s vibrant nightlife.
Your safety and wellbeing are our top priority, so we’ve put the following measures in place on all our TRIPS:
- Our average group size is 10 people (max 18), which gives you all the security of being in a group whilst avoiding a crowd.
- Where possible, we use small/ boutique accommodation – this means fewer guests and reduced exposure to other travellers.
- We require all accommodation providers to share protocols around the extra health and hygiene measures they are taking.
- Included activities are exclusive to our group wherever possible, to minimise contact with others.
- Covid-19 negative test results or vaccine certificates may be required. Please check the entry requirements for the destination you are travelling to. Our travel experts can assist you in finding this information.
- We recommend you confirm all guidance on official government sites and check that you are able to travel with your travel insurance issuer. Your travel insurance may be invalidated if you travel against government advice. Our travel experts can assist you in finding this information.
- You must be aged 25 years or over to join this trip.
- Please be sure to check whether or not you need a visa to enter the country you're travelling to. Please refer to our Booking Terms & Conditions for further information.
- If you have any pre-existing medical conditions or accessibility requirements, please notify our Customer Support team as soon as possible.
- We won't charge you extra if you travel alone – you'll be allocated a twin room with another traveller of the same gender.
- To upgrade to a private room, share a room with a friend, or book pre- and post-trip accommodation and/or airport transfers, please contact our Customer Support team.
- Please be aware that travel insurance is compulsory for all travellers.
- Please be aware that the itinerary, activities and hotels are subject to change. While unlikely, these changes can happen due to circumstances beyond our control. We will always do our best to ensure minimal impact on your experience.
- Please be aware images on this page are for illustrative purposes and may not reflect your itinerary exactly.
The world of travel is changing – and that's why we’re offering flexible booking conditions, to take the stress out of booking in times of uncertainty.
You can get a full refund should you need to postpone or cancel your trip up to 56 days prior to departure.
Read our Booking Guarantee to find out more about how our Support Team can help you.
For the full details and cancellation charges, see our Booking Terms & Conditions.
Terms & Conditions
Please refer to our Booking Terms & Conditions.